What is bullying?
Learn about the different types, the risk factors, and the effects.
There are several resources on policies that continue to guide schools in their effort to create a positive, caring and safe school culture for their students.
There are also several pieces of legislation that impact the development of school policies, procedures, and practices that help create safe school cultures and prevent bullying and violence. For more information regarding guiding legislation, read this guide.
- Constitution Act
- Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Rights of Aboriginal Peoples
- Multiculturalism Act
- BC Human Rights Code
- Official Languages Act
- Youth Criminal Justice Act
- School Act (British Columbia), Statement of Education Policy Order, School Regulation
- Provincial Standards for Codes of Conduct Order